Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back To HCU

It was 29th of December that I came back to campus of HCU.
However our lectures are to start from 9th January 2006.
So these days I watched two Telugu films:
Ghajini (original Tamil)
Vennela
The former was okay.The latter was just a bakwaas!!
Then on 8th Jan. in HCU campus at DST auditorium I watched Majid-majidi - an Iranian film.
It was a nice film about the fate of a father & his blind son.
Today in the morning there was a film named A night of Prophecy.It depicted the Dalit life in Maharashtra,Telengana;freedom struggle in Nagaland & the plight of Kashmir.With some poems at the score or actually read in the film were conveying enough.The common underlying theme of freedom & struggle was subltly & aesthetically focussed.The film was directed by Kanwar(perhaps Rajesh kanwar).The film has a nice collection of poetic prose pertinently placed throughout.I rememberd Ashish Dixit Of Mumbai when Dadar bridge was shown.I also remembered my Satish mama of Mumbai when sometime back he & I walked through that....well this just personal nostalgia which a critic shuold not intervene while perceiving a film or any aesthetic object....because it mars the reference of the art.However I am not a critic but a normal film goer who goes to film not to enjoy but a feeling of duty(kartavya-buddhi).
Now at 2:30 another film is being screened called Calling bollywood.I am about to go there now.
In today's The Hindu-magazine ( the sunday suppliment) there is some stuff about Sonali Kulkarni.There is a photo of Sonali Kulkarni in which she looks so much like Asin.Hey Ashish(both Dixit & thakare) ( to mention both is so much like Jemima's blog!!)what do you think about her facial resembelence to Asin?
Now here I rush to the other film.ita ito gamyate|
(This is a second post of my blog.The first one purely technical paper of mine)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to read such good things.
keep up updating ur Blog.
Iam fine.

शाब्द

शाब्द

About Me

My photo
मी एक आपला साधासुधा बर्‍यापैकी सुमार असा भाषाविज्ञानाचा विद्यार्थी! बाकी एखाद्या Definite Description चा निर्देश माझ्याने व्हावा असले काही कर्तब आपण गाज़वलेले नाही. हां, एवढं कदाचित म्हणता येईल की मराठीतून आंतरजालावर शीवर लिहणारा पहिला...