Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Those Fergusson Days....

Tonight (9th Jan night) in the HCU library I was reading an Ushas Sukta in
the Rgveda.I remembered those morning classes of F.C in the Sanskrit Dept. where Mrs.Jahnavi Bidnur(Shilpa Mulay) gave us lessons of Rgveda.She used to read out a verse then she used to make us to tell the possible contrual(anvaya)of the verse.Then she used to tell her construal,Roth's,Grassman's & SaayaNaacarya's construal & interpretetion of a verse... that real comprehensive class... we were lucky to have.That winter cold of Fergusson College....Oh..everything seems to have happened just now...these days have passed so fast...like never before.
This time I heard that at Mukta-chhanada katta Atul Kulkarni was
invited & he was to read some his own stuff- some naaTyavaachan of a play written by himself.(I was already told about this by Chinmay Kelkar)But I havent
heard how it went...anyhow its nice to listen that mukta-chhanda katta is doing some sense.
I am translating my 1st post on this blog for a Marathi linguistic
tri-monthly Bhaashaa ani Jeevan.For the same I was re-conforming some references from Rgveda.
I equally miss Lobo sir every now & then.I always felt that instead
of doing B.A Sanskrit(as major) from F.C I should have done B.A Philosophy.
B.A Sanskrit in F.C hardly taught me any Sanskrit (except that what was taught by Mrs.Jahnvi Bidnur)which I'dnt have been able to learn of my own.
Well should I desist to talk anything about the Sanskrit dept.?
Or otherwise it would defame it?& some case would be filed against me.But I dont work in IBM so I wont have to resign !!.......hey just kidding.(this was with ref. to Gaurav Sabnis case.Well a good blogger is pretty aware this case)
I shall come up with a seperate post about Sanskrit & Sanskritists in Pune I met when I was there.Though I am no authority, as a student what I saw,felt I will try to speak out with care.Should I come up with such a post?
Well the comming morning 7:00a.m I have my yoga class to attend.
So that's it.
I miss very much my juniors back in F.C:
Soham,Ameya,Ganesh,Hemant,Neha,Mugdha,Praneeta.
Also my senoirs Sanika(Kelkar),Amruta Chandekar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chinmay,
Read your blog. It is really good. Your linguistic study of howmanieth was well researched and lucidly explained (just like everything you do).
I share your nostalgia about our good old Fergusson College.

शाब्द

शाब्द

About Me

My photo
मी एक आपला साधासुधा बर्‍यापैकी सुमार असा भाषाविज्ञानाचा विद्यार्थी! बाकी एखाद्या Definite Description चा निर्देश माझ्याने व्हावा असले काही कर्तब आपण गाज़वलेले नाही. हां, एवढं कदाचित म्हणता येईल की मराठीतून आंतरजालावर शीवर लिहणारा पहिला...